Friday, July 8, 2011

Appraisal

Today the appraisal came in. It was a lot better than what I thought, there were some issues that weren't even mentioned on the appraisal! But there was still a lot there, some of the items I think are just cosmetic and shouldn't affect FHA's ability to give us the loan, like the fact that the carpet is badly stained, and there are no doors on the master bedroom closet. But there are some issues that I know will have to be fixed like the rot on the siding, some nails sticking out of the fence, and the paint that is chipping on the interior and exterior (especially since it was built prior to 1978, which was the year that lead paint was no longer allowed to be used).

Now the appraisal goes to underwriting with our lender and we see what they say needs to be fixed. It doesn't seem like there will be too much! But we'll see when it comes back!

I'm getting pretty excited to get into a new house, but I still haven't done very much packing. I have a lot of work in front of me for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment